Blessed 2007 to all!
Greg and I are quite the partiers--were in bed by 10 last night (did we beat you, Bob?)
We were rudely awakened by a phone call at 11:30. Our neighbor informed us that giant mutant racoons were trying to dismember our cats underneath her deck. Greg thanked her for the information, wished her a happy new year, and we pulled the covers up over our heads.
At 11:45, our other neighbors got out their dynamite and the festivities began. We'd drugged Scout (our crazy Sheltie) earlier in the evening, but the effects were wearing off and she about went through the roof at the first "ka-boom".
She spent the next two hours in panic mode, panting and trembling and pacing in circles. I wondered if her doggie drugs would help me sleep!
But we all--cats included--survived the night and woke up to a rainy Portland morning and a new year.
But I'm sooooo excited about going to the Trailblazers game tonight :)
Monday, January 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
En joyed the photo but where is Krispin and the cats?
Happy New Year!!
We threw a party, played crazy games and screamed the countdown at midnight. I am sure our neighbors loved us. We all slept in passed 10 this morning! School starts bright and early tom. love you guys. Bj
Jeff played a gig on NYE with "the Pops" in beautiful Redding, CA. It was actually pretty fun. Steve and Stacee came with us so I had somebody to people watch with!
Alisa and Amy rang the New Year in at the Eiffel Tower in Paris. It is very rainy and cold there and when they return I will have Amy Sue post some photos.
Happy New Year to all!!
Thanks for the additional photo!
Regarding my time to bed on NYE; it was as usual 8:30 pm. I did awaken in time to see the new year in then was back asleep by 12:10 am. G'ma snored soundly throughout!!!
Post a Comment