Monday, January 29, 2007

Adventures Down Unda!!

Hey fam!!
Sooo i think I finally figured out this whole blog thing, but not completely yet. How do I put pictures up for you all to see?? I think I tried but it kept telling me that I couldnt so I got tired and just gave up.
But I am havin a blast here in Oz, as you can probably imagine. The weather is a beautiful 30-35 degrees, whatever that means in farenheit I think its like 85-90 and the water temp is warm enough to bathe in. Im in the Gold Coast right on the coast of Queensland and my school is right outside of Surfer's Paradise. Nuff said. Although I have only been surfing once seeing as I have yet to purchase a board over here, but it was amazing and I cant wait to get out there again. So far we have made lots of aussie friends with really cool accents and also friends from all over the world, germany, south africa, canada, oregon.
We have gone to lots of fun places like this place called Byron Bay which is gorgeous and the most easterly point in Australia, so the closest I can get to home! I have yet to see a kangaroo, but my eyes have been peeled since the minute I landed, and supposedly theyre all over the side of the road in the outback :(. But my school is about 5 Ks from the beach which I think is like 3 miles so its within running distance which I do often on my days off (I only have class mon-wed :):)).
My school is surrounded by rivers and waterways which are all over australia and apparently shark infested which I am reminded of by the dozens of fishermen that line the bridges. There are signs everywhere to never swim in the rivers eek! I also have yet to see a python or killer snake, although I did see a tyranasauros rex of a spider the other day and almost had a heart attack!! well, I will keep you all updated with my adventures and will figure out how to post these pics asap, I have some really cool ones. I love you all and miss you!

3 comments:

shawnalyne said...

Hey Alisa! Good job! I really want to see pics of the big spiders and all, so maybe I can help you with posting pictures. Maybe you can email them to me? I know the first time I posted on this blog, I had to click some button to agree to the terms--you might try that. And sometimes Mozilla is a lot better at posting pics than Explorer. Anyway, mate, we'll get it all figured out!
Love, Uncle Shawn

Diana and Cool Jay said...

Hey Alisa!! Yeah, you figured part of it out! I want to see pics of sharks fins cruising the rivers and I can't even imagine you surviving a t-rex of a spider without Danny there to rescue you! Hopefully you have some chivalrous Aussie to fill in.
I miss you!!!!!!
XOXOXOXOXOX
MOM

Bob Strannigan said...

Hey Alisa! Let's see; sharks in the rivers, T-rex spiders, many deadly varieties of snakes, poisonous jelly fish, salties. Yep! Australia has it all. Just take lots of photos and ;et them keep all of the bad critters. Love you, G'ma and G'pa